We can use lots of help getting the garden ready this spring and throughout the season.
Whether you volunteer once or multiple times, we value your support.
We invite you to stop by when we’re in the garden or contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Garden is located across the street from Village Hall and just south of the main entrance to the tennis center.
- Garden Set-up– Weather Permitting-Sunday, April 24th from 9:30 am to 11:00 am, and Saturday, April 30th at 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Plant Sale– Friday, May 6th and Saturday, May 7th
- Garden Planting & Maintenance– most in need from May to the end of summer. Sunday Mornings from 9:30 to 11:00
- Soup Kitchen Harvests– once every week or two weeks as crops are ready- early weekday mornings (typically a Thursday or Friday)
- Children’s Ladybug Releases– Two evening releases in June and August
- Help with classes and workshops– To be scheduled on a weekday evening or Sunday morning.
- Garlic & Shallot Festival in July
- August Children’s Harvest– Date to be determined
- Fall Garlic planting
- Putting the garden to bed for the winter
- Learn organic gardening skills- network with neighbors
- Cooking classes and workshops (all classes are vegetarian/garden fresh recipes)
- Volunteer Brunch
- Receive surplus produce after soup kitchen donations and workshop/cooking class needs.
- Fresh organic herbs are always available to snip and take home
About The Village Garden
- The Village Garden is a demonstration learning garden and a great place to volunteer, learn, share skills, and network with neighbors.
- Residents are invited to stop by anytime the garden is open to visit, take a tour, or volunteer. Take home a mini bouquet of fresh herbs!
- Harvested produce gets shared with neighbors in need through local soup kitchens and food pantry donations. A portion also gets set aside for garden classes and events.
- Surplus produce – as available – gets distributed to volunteers.
Let’s get growing
With your involvement the possibilities are endless.
Sign up to our mailing list for ongoing news about The Village Garden